You will learn:
– The basic anatomy of the feet, ankles and calves
– How to properly use the Yamuna® Foot Wakers
– How to create greater flexibility and movement in the feet
– How to teach others to overcome the most common foot problems
– How to assess and diagnose your client’s foot issues and needs
– How to teach the various YFF® exercises using the Foot Wakers
– How to each others to rebuild healthy foot function
– How to provide hands-on assistance when working with clients
*Following from this training, it is essential to submit foot assessments from 10 people. Each of the 10 people, you need to work with 3 times. An open book written exam is given at the end of the training. You will receive your YFF® certification upon successful completion of the training, the 10 case studies and the written exam. You will be able to teach all the routines in a group class or work privately with the education.
About the instructor:
Elizabeth Demmel is a certified Yamuna® Body Logic Practitioner and senior certifying Yamuna® Body Rolling Instructor with over 20 years of experience. She is a structural bodyworker, and has a mind, body, fitness certification in Spinning and Nia. Demmel offers YBR® training in the US and internationally and is a CEU provider. She was the first to introduce YBL®, YBR® and Nia to South Florida.
What is Yamuna® Body Rolling?
Yamuna® Body Rolling was created by Yamuna Zake, and is part of her bigger picture called Body Sustainability, with the primary objective of improving the quality of the body and prevent its breakdown. Yamuna® Body Rolling and all its levels of education are tools to keep sustaining the body pain free and with full range of motion at every decade of life.
Yamuna is constantly creating new education to provide ways to keep your body from breaking down. Though prevention is at the heart of all of the education she creates, many people come to YBR® looking for ways to heal parts of their bodies. So many people know of Yamuna’s work because they have been able to successfully self-heal from all types of structural injuries.
At the core of all the trainings are several key concepts:
- Direct bone stimulation to improve the quality of bone and rid the bone of excessive impact.
- Quality and alignment of bone, which in turn determines the quality of muscle.
- Muscles that need to be worked from origin toward insertion.
- The use of mild traction to allow muscles and fascia to elongate and unwind.
- Alignment of the bones first, and then the work of the muscles to improve
- bone alignment
Who should attend Yamuna® Body Rolling training:
It is a wonderful add-on modality that enhances all forms of physical or massage therapy and movement, both for clients as well as a wonderful self-help tool. It is recommended for all practitioners involved in any form of physical or massage therapy or movement, including:
- Massage therapists
- Yoga instructors
- Pilates instructors
- Gyrotonic/ Gyrokinesis instructors
- Personal trainers
- Fitness instructors (e.g. Zumba, aerobics)
- Dancers and dance instructors
- Sportsmen/ women and sports coaches