This part of the training teaches you how to teach YBR® and how to explain what is actually happening in each part of the body as it is being worked. You will learn how to assist students correctly during group classes and more detailed hands-on assists for working one on one, as well as design and implement focused classes and classes geared to specific populations.
Learning Outcome for Phase 2 Training
Participants will be able to:
– teach general and focused classes
– perform hands-on assists and modify routines according
to clients ability
Phase 2 Course Outline
– Review Phase 1
– Advanced routines
– Basic guidelines for teaching a YBR® class
– Experiential anatomy and new routines
– Hands-on assists and teaching points
– Adapting and modifying YBR® routines for different levels of ability
– Creating a class routine
– Incorporating YBR into existing modalities.
– Discussion of special cases
About the instructor
Elizabeth Demmel is a certified Yamuna® Body Logic Practitioner & senior certifying Yamuna® Body Rolling Instructor with over 20 years of experience. She is a structural bodyworker, and has a mind, body, fitness certification in Spinning and Nia.
What is Yamuna® Body Rolling?
Yamuna® Body Rolling was created by Yamuna Zake, and is part of her bigger picture called Body Sustainability, with the primary objective of improving the quality of the body and prevent its breakdown. Yamuna® Body Rolling and all its levels of education are tools to keep sustaining the body pain free and with full range of motion at every decade of life.
Yamuna is constantly creating new education to provide ways to keep your body from breaking down. Though prevention is at the heart of all of the education she creates, many people come to YBR® looking for ways to heal parts of their bodies. So many people know of Yamuna’s work because they have been able to successfully self-heal from all types of structural injuries.
At the core of all the trainings are several key concepts:
• Direct bone stimulation to improve the quality of bone and rid the bone of
• Quality and alignment of bone, which in turn determines the quality of
• Muscles that need to be worked from origin toward insertion.
• The use of mild traction to allow muscles and fascia to elongate and
• Alignment of the bones first, and then the work of the muscles to improve
Who should attend Yamuna® Body Rolling training
It is a wonderful add-on modality that enhances all forms of physical or massage therapy and movement, both for clients as well as a wonderful self-help tool. It is recommended for all practitioners involved in any form of physical or massage therapy or movement, including:
- Massage therapists
- Yoga instructors
- Pilates instructors
- Gyrotonic/ Gyrokinesis instructors
- Personal trainers
- Fitness instructors (e.g. Zumba, aerobics)
- Dancers and dance instructors
- Sportsmen/ women and sports coaches